I've been blogsentee {that is blog absentee} lately. I've been a busy little elf shopping, decorating, shopping, exchanging, wrapping, shopping, etc. I haven't been too busy doing laundry and cleaning though. But, oh well, that can wait, right? I'm filled to the brim with the holiday spirit. I simply cannot wait to be done with all of the shopping and wrapping and move on to the baking {and eating}. I think that I'm just as excited about Christmas as Jack. He is so into the holiday {presents} that he checks under the tree to see what new presents have appeared that have his name {one of the few words that he can read}.
Since it has been brutally cold here this week, I decided that the kids needed winter coats sooner rather than later. I felt like a terrible mom sending Jack to school in nothing more than a sweatshirt when it was 25 degrees. Luckily the teachers aren't used to those temps, so they have been taking the kids inside to play. I bought the jackets and some Christmas PJs for the kids. That same day, I decorated the living room and hung the stockings. When Jack came home, he was in awe of the decorations, so I played along with them and pretended that I was just a surprised and that elves must have been at our house. They hung stockings, put candy canes on the tree and left jackets and PJs for the kids under the tree. He loved it!
Paige is nearing her first birthday {crazy, huh}. I've been preparing {mentally} for the milestone and the party to precede. I've got some fun touches for the party that I'm working into my busy schedule. Why didn't anyone tell me that December was not a good time of year to have a baby? Or a birthday for that matter. I'm already finding it difficult to make her birthday special with all of the other holiday festivities and present buying that is going on.
Much more to come on birthday plans, but for now I'm being beckoned by my bed. This little elf needs her beauty rest to create some more magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.