Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4.20.02

On this day 9 years ago, Ben and I were happily married at Pebble Hill Plantation in Thomasville, GA.

I'm looking forward to a weekend away to reconnect with my husband at a friend's wedding in St. Petersburg. It is appropriate for us to be attending someone else's wedding for our anniversary to prompt us to reflect on our own wedding and the vows that we said that day.

Our vows that we memorized for the ceremony were {from the best of my recollection}:

"I, Shannon, take you, Ben, to be my husband. And I promise, before God and these witnesses, to be your loving and faithful wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward for better – for worse, for richer – for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live."

Reciting our vows.

Mr. and Mrs. Grooters!

We were so young...just 23 and 22 years of age {respectively}!

Excuse the horribly messy scans and the awful photo color. It's amazing when you see your wedding pictures how beautiful you thought they were. Then when you look back nine years later {technology has changed and photography style has changed} you just think, "ick"!

Happy {four-twenty} anniversary to us. Here's to many more!

- Cheers

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!! I knw what you mean though with pictures looking so out of date. I feel the same about my wedding pics. You did have a REALLY beautiful wedding though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing these photos!! You were such a gorgeous bride!! I love going to other weddings with Bert, they make me fall back in love all over again :) Enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...