Thus, I'll follow the lead of some of my fellow bloggers and try a bulleted, brain dump on what we've been up to since the middle of February. Here is a bunch of nothing and a little bit of everything.
- Paige's hair is finally long enough for some semblance of a pony/pig tail. She quite likes them and asks for them often {although they never seems to last very long}.
- Jack constantly asks for things. Whether it be a new app for the iPad or iPhone or Lego Ninjago toys. I thought it was high time for chores and a lesson on earning and saving up your own money. He earns a quarter for each chore. Chores range from vacuuming, dusting, wiping surfaces to picking up toys. His quarter goes into his piggy bank. I can't say that it's cut down on the "asks", but it does at least provide a little help around the house.
- Mommy isn't the only one running lately. Jack ran 35 laps at his Boosterthon Fun Run at school. That makes a little over 2 miles! He raised $710 for his school.
- Paige got in on a little superhero fun after a birthday party for Jack's friend Kent. She loved running back and forth and when she got to me I'd fly her on my legs and say, "Super Paige!"
- She's a coloring fool. She could do this for {literally} hours.
- She's two going on 20. I swear she's growing up too quickly!
- Jack earned a great report card for the second nine weeks. He's adjusting to school and mom and dad are very proud of him and amazed at how much he is learning!
- Nancy and I successfully completed the Seaside School Half Marathon! We stayed at a beautiful house with our two families, our parents, my aunt, my mother-in-law and Nancy's sister in Rosemary Beach. This time of year is off-peak and a great time to score some sweet deals in this area. Plus if you mentioned you were there for the Seaside Run, you got one night free. Between all 14 of us, the house was dirt cheap. If you are looking for a great place to stay on 30-A, Rosemary Beach is absolutely dreamy. The weather was dreadful most of Saturday, however the storm cleared out just in time to bring us cool temps and lots of sunshine for race day. I was overcome with emotion as I crossed the finish line with Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" playing in my ear buds. Good call adding that to my playlist. Nancy already said it beautifully here. So no need to say more about our journey {pun intended} to the big finish. However, I'll leave you with this photo montage and the signature song from this amazing weekend.
The kids are on Spring Break this week. We have been enjoying relaxing mornings, lazy afternoons and very warm weather. Be back soon with a post on our little "staycation."




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.