Monday, July 27, 2009

EVEN TEAMS!




Hi all!
This is my attempt at blogging our family once and for all. I started this blog in 2007, but never did anything with it and now I've gotten the wild hair to try it once again.

I am 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant with Baby Grooters #2. We had an ultrasound today to check on the baby's growth and development, as well as, take a peek at the sex. Ben, Jack and I were joined by my mom and dad (a tradition now) for an 8:30 am ultrasound. All of the baby's measurements were great, the heartbeat was 141 bpm, the baby's weight was 10 oz and measuring right at 19 weeks. We found out that we are expecting a little baby GIRL! We are beside ourselves to say the least. I've had a feeling that it was a girl, but have been unable to verbalize it, for fear of not wanting to be wrong or somehow disappointed. My initial reaction when she told us were tears of joy! I think everyone else's reaction was disbelief. My mom even asked the tech, "are you sure"? To which, her response was, "oh, I'm definitely sure...welcome to bankruptcy". None of our untrained eyes could tell it was a girl (with Jack the boy parts were very obvious). However, we were told that girls have pubic bones and boys have pelvic bones and that with girls you will see three lines that indicate you are looking at a pubic bone. I've posted some of the many ultrasound photos. The first photo shows the profile of the baby and a foot, the second photo is the face looking directly at the screen (two eyes, a nose and mouth are visible) and the third photo is showing the arrow pointing to the girl parts.

Mommy, Daddy and Jack are all feeling extremely happy and very blessed be adding a baby girl to the family and that the baby is healthy and developing normally. So now....we shop!!

A cute side story about Jack: The night before the ultrasound, I showed him his ultrasound photos and told him that mommy was going to the doctor and they were going to put a camera on my belly and show us the baby in mommy's belly. So, when we got in the room, I laid on the table and Jack kept reassuring me that everything was okay (or maybe he was reassuring himself) and wanted to make sure that the blanket covered my feet and that I was okay ("you okay, mommy?"). The tech squirted a ton of the jelly stuff all over my belly and we showed him the screen and told him that we were going to see the baby up there. I'm not sure that he really understood all of that because he seemed to be most concerned with the jelly and the mess it was making all over me. He at one point said, "doctor, there is more jelly over here" and wanted her to make sure she rubbed that jelly around, too. He then proceeded to talk about jelly fish and how he likes to eat them. So, I think the whole event was lost on him. However, Jack didn't ever need an ultrasound to tell him that he was having a girl, he knew it all along.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats,
    I'm so happy for both of you. It's great that Lillian will have another girl in the family.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Carlin said you were hopeful for a girl -- thrilled you got your wish! :)
    Praying the next five months go smoothly as you await your PINK bundle of love to join the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren can not wait to shop for little girl things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can already see Logan and her dancing together just like their mommies. Love you, Boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that Logan will be the older, wiser girl now...I'm so used to having you show me the ropes! I am so, so happy for baby girl Grooters. Let the shopping begin. I love Jack for his reaction too. He is going to be an incredible big brother...he is so sweet and gentle with L, I love it! I also love that he knew already. Too, too cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon cried when she heard the news -- when Shan cries you've done something really, really big. Nana is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor, poor Ben. Tell him he is going to need an extra big envelope for the newest little Grooter girl. ;o) I am SO happy for you. Sutton can't wait to have a little one to shop with! Congratulations to all of you. I have a feeling Jack is going to love his new role as big brother! Love you all. Jen, Jason & Sutton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon! Congrats, little girls and big brothers are the best! Excited about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH!! A GIRL! CONGRATS!!

    LOVE
    MELISSA

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...