Sunday, July 11, 2010

Backyardigans and other shenanigans

Hi folks!
After last weekend, it was nice to have a weekend at home to relax and catch up. Our bi-weekly visit from our best friend and marriage-saver Christal {the housekeeper} is Monday. We are always motivated to get laundry done and pick everything up before she comes, so all of that is out of her way to get the nitty-gritty cleaning done.

We tried both days this weekend to seek refuge from the extreme temps by taking a dip in the pool. I use the word "tried" {and many other explicatives}, because the pool was closed both days. Remember the doodie scene from Caddyshack? Well, I can only imagine that was the reason why it was closed. Sure makes you want to go for a nice dip now, huh?

After Jack broke down in tears as we pulled away from the pool, we decided to try the next best thing. A backyard pool party. It was such a hit that we did that both days this weekend and the kids never even knew the difference!




Did you happen to notice Paige's two little bottom teeth? I was so proud to have gotten a good photo of those little babies. The second tooth started cutting through last week and it appears as though the top two will start breaking through next week! While we were hanging around outside with the water hose, we decided to put it to good use and wash both cars – something we hadn't done in several years {yes, I said years}. We've had other people wash them or gone through car washes, but it's been a long time since we DIY'ed it. This was an awesome treat for Jack and he was a great little helper. Remember when you used to think chores were fun {the first time you did them}?



Paige was napping while we washed cars. After she woke, she was playing for a bit while I prepared her bottle. Apparently, she really wanted Jack's cars that were under her excersaucer because this is what I returned to find her doing.


After her bottle, Jack came inside and was playing with Paige. I started wondering what other project Ben had gotten in, so I went out to check on him because he hadn't come back in yet. Can you believe that this is how I found him?



Now I realize that I should have titled this post, backyardigans, shenanigans and hooligans!!

3 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...