Friday, January 14, 2011

Love These Gals

A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent. ~ Anonymous


I've been friends with these two beautiful ladies {sorry ladies, can you believe this is the only photo I can find of just the three of us?} for a collective total of over 35 years! Ali {far left} and I became friends in high school. Somewhere around 10th grade {so about 16 years ago} in English class we realized that we were both bright women, but complete underachievers.

Nancy {middle} and I met and became fast friends at The Tallahassee Ballet and have been inseparable ever since {our names are synonymous - people usually just call us Shannon & Nancy}. That was about 20 years ago {Holy Jesus we are old} give or take a little.

And we all three lived together in college, some 13 years ago.

I can't say enough about these two girls. We are all so alike and so different on so many levels. We have been through our fair share of ups and downs, but have remained fast friends. We have laughed and peed our pants through the happiest of times. We have hugged and cried our way through life's trials. We've been there for each other through {most of} life's major events. I don't have any biological sisters, but I certainly think of these two girls as the next best thing.

At the beginning of the new year, we decided to plan a date, once a week {Friday} to meet for coffee and a playdate. These dates are our time together to catch up, relax, talk about life, talk about make-up, talk about potty training...whatever is going on. Each week, we rotate houses. It is come as you are {un-showered if you like} and ignore the messes {what mess?}. This week it was my turn to host.

We drink coffee. {Note the coffee mug: Can you guess where we will be going skiing next month? Yipee!}


Nancy gave each of us these precious sugar and creamer sets from Anthropologie for our coffee dates.


And the hostess makes something yummy to snack on. This week I made Sour Cream Pound Cake from the JLT A Thyme to Celebrate cookbook. If you don't have one, but want one, please let me know. I have to fill my quota of selling {and preferably not buying} three cookbooks this year.



We put quite a hurtin' on it, don't you think?


And our babies {Carson, Logan and Paige} get some time to play together and play with other kids' toys.

I so look forward to these playdates each week {and our husbands are happy that we aren't spending money on lunches out anymore}. I really hope we can keep it up. Here's to 35 more!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...made me cry!! SO looking forward to our little playdates!! Love you girls!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...